FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancel/change travel booked through thankyou.com or concierge, COVID-19.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
These posts from the primary thread indicate that you may be able to change the dates of a stay, but not the property:

Originally Posted by milesforhire
I was told adjusting the reservation for price drop is okay but adjusting the a different hotel and/or dates will not be eligible for 4NF.
Originally Posted by beachfan
You can use the concierge to change previously made bookings. I made about 20 before the switchover, as long as the confirmation number remains the same, I will still get the 4th night free (as well as elite credits). I just changed the dates successfully for one, but I couldn't use an updated rate now that it dropped $50 (that would involve cancel and rebooking and therefor not eligible for fourth night free).

They usually request the folio from the hotel (or from me), that will show the middle night if they are looking for it. Question is whether they will look for it.

If I get the 4th night free, it's on a reservation at $359 per night. If I cancel it and rebook (to take advantage of the lower rate), I will pay four nights at $311 (plus tax). So it's an extra cost of $58 per night for four nights if it isn't honored (call it $232, ignoring tax), vs. saving ($358-3x$57=$187 ignoring tax).