FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: Lounge thread for thoughts, concerns and questions
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:11 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by nk15
Scary report from Olympian fighting Covid-19, how is a non-athlete going to fight this? I know it is variable, but is this how the 80% of mild cases will experience this? Geez....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...?ocid=primedhp

Cameron van der Burgh @Cameronvdburgh 2/ I have been struggling with Covid-19 for 14 days today. By far the worst virus I have ever endured despite being a healthy individual with strong lungs(no smoking/sport), living a healthy lifestyle and being young (least at risk demographic)
4:32 PM - Mar 22, 20203/ Although the most severe symptoms(extreme fever) have eased, I am still struggling with serious fatigue and a residual cough that I can’t shake. Any physical activity like walking leaves me exhausted for hours.
Canada just announced that even IF the Olympics proceed as scheduled, they're not sending anyone.

I feel like it's game of "whoever blinks first has to pay for it" between Japan and the IOC on cancelling/postponing for a year.