FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:24 pm
HNLbasedFlyer

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Presumably Hawaii needs air cargo capacity even more than the rest of the US. AA has been flying cargo-only flights on some other routes recently. I wonder if something similar might happen on Hawaiian routes.
Hawaii has plenty of air cargo from Fed Ex, UPS and other large cargo only operators with 747's - with much of it perishable food. By the far, the bulk of Hawaii's cargo comes via shipping. If the cargo business is that lucrative, I'd expect the planes that are designed to ship only cargo to pick up more business. If United can pick up that much cargo - more power to them, but I don't see nor have heard Hawaii has a reliance on commercial airline cargo.

Who knows though - there are currently 5 nonstops from SFO to HNL on Monday Mar 30, despite what will be a 14 day quarantine, beaches closed, and they just ordered shelter in place on Oahu. Maybe they do have enough cargo.