FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: Lounge thread for thoughts, concerns and questions
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:33 pm
The_Bouncer
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So I just called my mom. My parents are bit older than your mom, still remembering WW2 as young children. She assured me they were fine, comfortable at home with plenty of food, ability to walk outside to get exercise/fresh air. Just missing the grandkids.

She doesn’t use expletives. Usually. But she had some choice words for those who think they are invincible, above the rules, can’t live without bars for a while.

She als had choice words for the patient who put my sister and her colleagues into quarantine and shut down a primary care clinic for two weeks. Came in to be seen for back pain. Neglected to mention cough and shortness of breath or the fact that she just returned from skiing in northern Italy. (so yeah, this isn’t all about strangers and news stories for me anymore)

She also had choice words for the neighbors who went on vacation to a “tropical paradise” about a week or so ago and are now stuck.

Choice words such as idiotic, selfish, irresponsible.
Well, we have both had our say now, and so have our respective mothers! All four of us are entitled to hold and express our respective opinions, so I will not continue this discussion as nauseum by attempting to have the last word, as this would benefit nobody.
​​​​
I am glad your parents are comfortable and wish them all the best.