FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:42 am
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
It would seem that some of the friction reported upthread might be avoided by letting United cancel the flight first before discussing rebook/refund. It's understandably hard to wait when you know it isn't going to happen, but if you just make sure you call just outside the 24 hour window, more of the burden may fall on United.
Agreed!

I have been waiting until T-24 to contact UA (and other airlines). 1) right thing to do given the volume of calls all airlines have been experiencing these days; 2) as airlines do not post actual cancellation for specific flights until closer to departure, more flexibility for the customer; 3) more time to research, and ensure there are no wasted time during the call interaction.

Also, it goes without saying if you can change/cancel itinerary online, do so (would save you and the airline a lot of wait time and potential headache). I had to call UA because 2 of 4 flight segments disappeared from the original itinerary of my friend's. Anyway, please lso be courteous to all agents (regardless of airlines).