FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: Lounge thread for thoughts, concerns and questions
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:52 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I don't think a Feb 2021 trip is overly optimistic. Just my two cents and gut feeling, though FWIW

We had been planning to travel US to Sweden in early July to visit our daughter in college. Not sure whether to bother booking anything at all. If we do it will be refundable or reasonable cancel (or miles redeposit) fee. But even then who knows what routes will be running then and what could be cancelled, or what entry or transit restrictions might be in place. May just wait a bit and see how things go before deciding.
Sweden doesn’t even close down the Swedish ski resorts that are a key spreader of the virus in Scandinavia, and it is late in the game of shutting down things. They didn’t even want to put in a travel ban, but they had to go with the EU- wide Schengen ban.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sweden ends up being the blacklisted country for some weeks after other European countries’ bans and the Schengen ban end up lifted. The measure of the situation in Sweden will be the death count. When the death count levels out, then it may be time for me to again consider purchasing discretionary travel for US-Sweden/Denmark trips.