FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving the Cold behind... SEA (Thailand, India, Singapore) with LH A380 in FIRST
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:06 pm
ChristianKiev

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, Bonvoy LT TE, SIXT Diamond, AVIS President, HERTZ President
I yesterday forgot to report 2 interesting things:

1.) when we entered the night market, we got a temperature scan - and only after passing the test we got a stamp on our hand, were able to enter. Now you would think they did this with all the people ? But as we observed they were only scanning foreigners, not Thai.
2.) face masks... while in Bangkok I estimate a 60% rate, here countryside it's maximum 20%.

Do you remember the Danish friend we met last Sunday, the guy living in Shanghai ? He planned to stay in Bangkok for some days, until he could enter to China without quarantine. But on Monday they changed their rules from Wednesday, people arriving have to go to a controlled quarantine (hospital, selected hotels) for 14 days. So he decided to buy a one-way ticket to Shanghai on Tuesday, before the new rules would be in place. He bought a very expensive ticket with a charter airline, just to be back home in time, to be able to do his quarantine at his apartment.

As he told me, everything went fine, even he reported that he had been to France a week ago. They sent him home for 14 days of quarantine (which they control by WeChat and a QR code).

Thursday he's getting a phone call, that one of his fellow passengers was infected by Covid-19, that they would pick him up Friday morning for 14 days of controlled quarantine. He had to report with whom he was in contact until he arrived, taxi driver etc. He told me he doesn't know where they bring him, he didn't have a selection, like one of the better quarantine hotels for a daily fee.

Now I'm trying to contact him be WhatsApp and WeChat - but there's no answer from his side. Hope he's doing okay.