FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket to FCO cancelled after few hours, options?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:13 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
Hi, AZ has no flights to South est Asia, anyway I found two alternative dates with QR in the next days and I sent them an email asking to change the date free of charge to any date they want. One date has no award availability and the other has 2x miles, since the flight got cancelled I hope they will not ask for additional miles since I don’t have or cash, I hope to be moved to a new flight for free.
Contact center is very busy, I wait for the email and I will keep you updated. They have two days availability so they should give me that option.
AZ lies from HND and that would be a possibility with total flight duration no much longer than via DOH. But doubt that QR will reroute this way.

You are talking ten days from now and lots of things happen every day
QR seems to offer a solution on 31 March and I would take it whaever the cost. You can always claim some refund later. The other is the 22 March, but is awfully full, and unclear they would accommodate a recent award booking rather than to revenue pax booked on enarby days.

On the other days, they usually offer you 2-stops via another Europe gateway such as LHR, CDG or BRU. But quite a few of those fights are already not open for sale (zeroed). The EU-FCO flight is operated by AZ as other airlines a stopping their flights to Italy and AZ, the Italy national carrier, would be more reliable, But betting that three flights will be oerating 12 days from now is a big gamble,
My suggestion, try to get from QR the earliest possible date, even if shortens your holiday. From all local sources, the official statistics of SEA countries are a joke. Hence staying in VN might be a risk. And the risk of getting covid on board is not insignificant as mentioned by CX who closely followed the recent return of HK students from Many countries.

Last edited by brunos; Mar 23, 2020 at 7:23 am