FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket to FCO cancelled after few hours, options?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:15 am
Luca Suomi

Programs: qatar
Originally Posted by brunos
I fully agree.
Because you are in Vietnam you might not realize that we are in a global crisis of unprecedented magnitude, at least in the airline industry. International longhaul is coming to a near halt.
I have enough friends stranded far from home to know that it is extremely difficult to get home.
If Rome is your home, try to get back ASAP and forget about your rights. QR might still have a couple of flights to regroup all their existing pax to FCO and try to get on them. Otherwise the only alternative is to get somewhere to catch an AZ flight. As AZ is the national airline and should be renationalized, there is hope they will continue flying even if going back to Italy is not a wonderful prospect.
Hi, AZ has no flights to South est Asia, anyway I found two alternative dates with QR in the next days and I sent them an email asking to change the date free of charge to any date they want. One date has no award availability and the other has 2x miles, since the flight got cancelled I hope they will not ask for additional miles since I don’t have or cash, I hope to be moved to a new flight for free.
Contact center is very busy, I wait for the email and I will keep you updated. They have two days availability so they should give me that option.