FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:55 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Oh, are all calls still recorded? I don't recall that message being played when I called in, but I also spent ~2hrs. on hold, so ...

Refund has yet to show (to be fair, I'm guessing they're getting slammed) and PNR still appearing on AC website though.
They at least keep records of calls and modifications to PNRs, so there should be a record, whether the full call is recorded or not (and I don't think anything has changed on that front).

But if you want the most comfort, if you can't do it on the website, all you can do is contact AC again, either by phone, or you could try Twitter DM.

Originally Posted by NRMR
I have an nonrefundable fare, booked the trip last year. Been trying to get Air Can all week to refund my tickets with newest wave of border restrictions and entry restrictions against foreigners at my destination. My scheduled trip starts 3/20 through 4/4 and now I see with the latest route suspensions posted as of 3/18 which affects our destination and return. If I flew on 3/20, the destination country had closed entry to only natives and turning back all non-citizens/residents.

Does anyone know if Air Canada will refund my fare? I've been trying to DM and tweet them the last few days to no avail but now they have effectively suspended my return segment.
As mentioned in the wiki and detailed in the announcement linked there, flights cancelled on or after March 19th (today) get a 24-month credit, not a refund. Flights cancelled yesterday or earlier would be under old rules.

If your flight was cancelled yesterday or earlier, you should be able to get a refund. If cancelled today, credit.

P.S. Nobody calls it "Air Can". "Air Canada" or "AC"

Originally Posted by nave888
Does anyone know what kind of Credit AC is offering exactly?

I have a booking that I did via AC, but includes travel on AC, OS, OU, and LX. AC is offering me a full credit (from standard fare), but that's all it says.

I see AC has ACCredits, ecoupons, and electronic travel vouchers - Which would I get? Can I use the credit to book travel via AC's website that includes other *A carriers, or is it like an AC discount code that is super restrictive to AC flights only?
The credit is like cash you can use to book a new flight, doesn't really matter what it is.

Only thing is it's heads AC wins, tails you lose when it comes to fare difference. If the new fare is higher, you pay. If it's less, you forfeit the difference.

You would probably have to phone in to use it as the credit is associated with the ticket that you booked previously.