FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Have Your Plans Changed Due to Health Crisis?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:04 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
This morning got an email from Glyndebourne opera festival that all is canceled at least till 14 July 2020. I am devastated. The same will be for Salzburg whitsun festival probably, so no opera this summer

Now waiting to get out of a small ugly third world country under a dictatorship and pray that my LX flight out on 24 March will not be canceled.

After I plan to enjoy the beauty and life quality of especially central Europe once the bans lifted, which might be only in 2 or 3 month time. Some overdue purging might take place in the tourism industry and it looks like the spoiled "millenial eaysjet generation" will take a hit. Hopefully there will still be airlines left by end May, but the world will not be the same as before and I predict air travel will become more expensive.

Happily as a Lifetime Senator (LH gold) I am not worried about mileage runs . The advantage of getting older.