FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Through-checking baggage from EK to BA: advice?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:08 am
gingerbiscuit

Programs: BAEC Blue
Thanks very much for all of these: you are all very kind with your time. I've been mindful of the 'first 5 posts' rule so not thanking every time other than by Like.

I will advise them that they should plan to collect and take bags, which they will manage - absolutely take that point... but there's perhaps still no harm in asking politely at JNB and then following advice above if by some miracle it's successful.

Originally Posted by Often1
The family does need to understand that if they are delayed into LHR and thus do not make their separate ticket departure, they will almost certainly need to make other arrangements for travel to GLA. Perhaps have your mobile on the ready during the transfer if they require your intervention, as neither EK nor BA will have any responsibility here.
Yes, firmly understood. I was on the phone with the person booking LHR-GLA and we debated the merits but for 4 tickets I didn't want us to dither. I will be following them by every means at my disposal and yes, will have phone and if necessary credit card at the ready. I will keep an eye on DXB-LHR especially as that being on time, as it seems to be over recent days, will be a big help. Their first plan was to hire a car at Heathrow and drive 400+ miles, which after a tough week and two long flights did not feel like a great solution, nor cheap. EDI was a good reminder, thanks c-w-s, and indeed, who knows: BA would have no responsibility but it doesn't rule out that this week they might help.

Risk taken with open eyes, I think, it wasn't a lot of money beyond the Avios, and there are always Plan Bs. Easier to do within the UK though.
Thanks again to all.