FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Through-checking baggage from EK to BA: advice?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:39 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gingerbiscuit
I was slightly nervous for them that scheduled arrival at T3 is 1140 and the GLA flight is at 1455, in case anything went wrong. However, it was such a long time until the next available seats on the 2050 that with tired small children I understood the logic of going for the better connection and appealing for flexibility if badly delayed. Does that ring any alarm bells?
That's a good amount of time. Physically it should take less than an hour from doors open in T3 to getting to T5 departures, so they should be fine. With all the flight reductions the air space is uncluttered and flights are generally keeping well to timetable.

If some thing does go wrong, there is always EDI and I would imagine the staff in T5 will be flexible in the current climate.