FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:37 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There have been quite a lot of repeat posts asking effectively the same question, so I'll do the point by point version in the hope people will see this more clearly:

- My flight has been cancelled by BA
- I have booked the flight with BA directly
- Manage My Booking (MMB) offers me an eVoucher (Future Travel Voucher Application)
- I don't want a voucher, I would prefer a cash refund.

Your options are
- Accept the eVoucher anyway
- Ring up the Contact Centre to get the cancellation refunded
- Delay ringing up the Contact Centre: if the cancelled flight is the first flight on the itinerary you can just leave it until it is quiet, you can't be a no-show on a non existent flight
- Try these forms online (one report says this form fails over the email address validation)
https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._ticket_refund

https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._ticket_refund
Only use these forms where you have a flight cancelled by BA or you are on Avios redemption more than 24 hours from the first flight - these are protected by legislation or the Conditions of Carriage. Take screenshots before and after pressing Submit.

If you used another voucher such as 2-4-1 or a GUF it may be best to have the eVoucher since your GUF / 2-4-1 will be locked into the cancelled booking for future re-use. This is particularly worth considering if you will actually fly on that service, just on another date. On the other hand, cash is king.

If it is a BA Holidays flight you need to talk to BA Holidays instead, however you may receive an email informing you of a refund in 7 days