FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus impact in Japan [consolidated]
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:17 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I am not an official so don't want to be quoted as a reliable source, but past weekend when I flew in from Boston transit at NRT looked same as usual. Now transit passengers arriving from the U.S. can just walk into departure gate area without going through transit security, that was still the case.

Flights to China and South Korea were cancelled out of Boston so looked like many passengers form those flights were re-booked into Tokyo flight. CX has reduced BOS-HKG flights to three/twice per week, JL which is still operating BOS-NRT daily seems to be doing well. OneWorld partner AA has reduced Japan flights to three per week DFW-NRT only, with all these consider where JL has not announced any reduction of flights to the U.S., possible that JL is doing pretty well on the U.S. routes considering the current situation.
United still sells tickets from EWR/JFK - NRT-PVG. So I assume this route is as normal. As long as the traveler stays inside the terminal, there should not be visa requirement. This is just like any other international transit at the same airport/terminal.

A couple other flights stop at Taiwan. But that seems more like a detour. It seems more complicated in terms of the other logistics.

Last edited by RedSun; Mar 17, 2020 at 7:44 pm