FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay insurance benefits (2020-2023)
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:51 pm
Willbur

Anyone know how this works for government-imposed shelter in place? In my specific example, I have a flight booked on an airline that only travels to two locations from the United States and my flight has been cancelled but so far they're only offering a voucher for future travel. With their very limited footprint I won't be traveling to anywhere they travel in the next 12mo so I don't want to get stuck with an unusable voucher.

Bay Area shelter-in-place text:
All travel, including, but not limited to, travel on foot, bicycle, scooter, motorcycle, automobile, or public transit, except Essential Travel and Essential Activities as defined below in Section 10, is prohibited. People must use public transit only for purposes of performing Essential Activities or to travel to and from work to operate Essential Businesses or maintain Essential Governmental Functions. People riding on public transit must comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in Section 10 below, to the greatest extent feasible. This Order allows travel into or out of the County to perform Essential Activities, operate Essential Businesses, or maintain Essential Governmental Functions.

For the purposes of this Order, "Essential Travel" includes travel for any of the following purposes. Individuals engaged in any Essential Travel must comply with all Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section below.
  1. Any travel related to the provision of or access to Essential Activities, Essential Governmental Functions, Essential Businesses, or Minimum Basic Operations
  2. Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons.
  3. Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services.
  4. Travel to return to a place of residence from outside the jurisdiction.
  5. Travel required by law enforcement or court order.
  6. Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the County. Individuals are strongly encouraged to verify that their transportation out of the County remains available and functional prior to commencing such travel.

Last edited by Willbur; Mar 16, 2020 at 4:43 pm