FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laptop stolen mid air on UA flight
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:37 am
usedtobeimportant
Suspended

Sorry to hear this.

I've often wondered whether this happens. It would be so easy particularly when you store your bags far away from you.

Originally Posted by Pavan Juvvadi
I am posting to bring this to the attention of more people, so you can be more careful next time you are on the flight.
I was recently flying from IAD to BUF, its a short 1 hr flight, Unaware of anything like this, I stowed my laptop bag in the overhead bin in the cabin.
As it was a morning flight, I fell asleep for some time. After getting off the flight, I went to work directly, only to realize my laptop missing from the bag.
Initially, I suspected that I left it in the security of the departing airport, so contacted the lost and found. However, it was not to be found. Upon a police complaint and insisting on the security footage, the police viewed the footage and confirmed seeing me pickup the laptop and putting it inside the bag. As I was late for my flight, I proceeded directly to board my flight from the security.
The police stated that they receive a lot of complaints about losing laptops on-board and its a common occurrence. Its been 2 weeks now, and am still trying to come to terms with it, as I had lot of family pictures on it. Lesson learnt hard way - will never put it again in the overhead bin next time I fly.