FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:20 am
JessicaB

Programs: Executive Club
I'm confused. We are due to fly to PUJ on 14th April. On Saturday the Dominican Republic government had a press conference stating that they were banning all flights from and to Europe effective from 6am local time today, this ban will stay in place for one month. So I assume our flight will be cancelled. The FCO website is confirming this ban is in place and advising against ABE.

Today I received an email from BA saying the flight was still operating as normal but would I like a voucher. And I can see on Flightradar and BA.com that the 2204/5 is showing as operating for example tomorrow, even though the ban is in place. BA only flies on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday but Air France from PAR > PUJ which was supposed to depart 12pm local today is showing as delayed until 18.00 but not yet cancelled. So both airlines are encouraging people to go the airport and check-in even though the flights probably won't operate.

We booked 1 ticket using a Lloyds voucher and the other as a revenue fare, which allows cancellation for £300. As I presume the flight will be cancelled at some point, I am going to wait until this happens, not accept any vouchers. But I just wondered if anyone knows what will happen to the Lloyds voucher booking, and whether I will have to call the dreaded Lloyds team at some point when the flight is cancelled?