FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Qantas waive change fees for existing bookings? (WHO Pandemic Declaration)
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:08 pm
oranjemakker

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Firemansam
We took out insurance with covermore in October last year. At the time the choice to buy "cancel anytime" was not on the webpage, however I bought us extra cancellation coverage which I need to call them, when I have time, to find out if that included cancel anytime cover.
But when the WHO declared a pandemic it seems to basically absolve the insurance most of tcompanies ofheir responsibilities to their customers, even to those who purchased before this even existed.
I think Covermore will still allow you to cancel for any reason even if that reason on nCov worries. Anyway you could just say changed your mind. I understand they will also cover coronavirus medical treatment for countries that dont have govt travel warnings (though seems pretty much every country has that now?).
In terms of the coverage, based on my call with them last week, the default cover for cancel for any reason is $1000 (NZD in my case presumably also 1,000 AUD) and you have to buy up to a higher level of cover, but can only do this within 48 hours of booking the travel.