FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: Lounge thread for thoughts, concerns and questions
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:07 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by susiesan
What is the small business owner to do? I have 6 employees counting me. I am in the wholesale distribution business. I sell air filters which are actually kind of important during this crisis. If I close down for a month, I won't be paying my employees. I won't have any sales. I will be out of business. And my customers who need to change their air filters in their buildings won't be able to. Some of us are not in a position to work from home or just take a month off. There would be no financial help from the feds for a tiny business like mine, only big companies get help during times like this.
Perhaps better for the Lounge thread. But can you ensure physical separation for the employees? Implement temporary shift work for further separation (three eight hour shifts instead if having all six work at the same time from 9-5), with thorough and frequent cleaning of shared work places?

Companies like yours and employees like yours are what I am worried about. The Walmarts and the Amazons will get through this. Best of luck.