FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gigantic crowds at ORD
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:58 am
SamirD

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by ezefllying
What should be happening is that arriving flights should each be given a disembarkation “slot” based on actual arrival time. Then, only one international flight should be allowed to disembark at a time. Once 80-90 percent of that flight’s passengers clear customs, let the next flight deplane.

There won’t be much more delay, if any, via that process, and you’ll dramatically reduce crowding in the terminal. I’d much rather sit in a HEPA-filtered aircraft than a jam-packed arrivals hall right now.

I don’t think this is rocket science.
Tell that to the big dumb kid in the room and he's liable to pound you. Losing either way...the American way!

Originally Posted by ezefllying
That Liberty Bond parade in Philadelphia was a one-day event and it wrecked havoc on the city 102 years ago. This looks like one of those apocalyptic scenes out of Wuhan in late January.
Those that do not study history--are doomed to repeat it. Merica!

Originally Posted by pfreet
I chuckle at the posts, such as the one above I assume the moderators will wipe, that bashes the US for it's response to COVID-19. Not once have I ever seen one of them say what they would have done differently. Keep 'em coming, they're good for a laugh.
The reason there are elected officials in these capacities is so that the citizens won't have to come up with the solutions and can concentrate on their own lives. If I had to do the job, I know that it wouldn't have had this type of mess associated with it. There's no way I could handle everything I currently do if I made these type of mistakes.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 22, 2020 at 10:11 am Reason: merge