FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA accounts restricted (Nov/Dec 2019)
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:16 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by richarddd
AA is often letting flights go out with empty premium class seats, so they could make those seats available if they wanted. I wouldn't bet on the account shutdowns resulting in more availability, although they may release some more seats for a short amount of time if they feel they must for PR reasons .
While that is true, it doesn't help people like me. I am not in a position to book premium class class tickets on short notice. American is releasing some small number of premium class frequent-flier tickets months in advance. American is holding the rest to try to sell them. Some number of them have been snapped up the people who are gaming the system.

I for example have already bought a premium price ticket on another airline to New Zealand for July because there is nothing reasonable available on American with frequent flyer miles. I was about to buy yet another premium class ticket on a different airline for may for the same reason. Last summer I was able to find good availability to Europe on Delta months out but not American.