FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gigantic crowds at ORD
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:52 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ezefllying
It’s not often that a government has the “fortune” of having trial-run a travel ban a couple years earlier. You’d think they could have worked out the kinks this time around.

(Not that anyone in charge in 2017, at the cabinet level, is still there. Institutional memory is pretty low at the SES level right now.)
President Trump presided over the cabinet level meetings in 2017 and still in 2020, and sometimes some of his related advisors from 2017 are still there for some cabinet meetings.

I flew into to the US on the 2017 day of and around the implementation of the “Muslim ban” and even that wasn’t as messed up as what has gone on at ORD and various other designated US airports with this 2020 “European ban”. The 2017 ban didn’t have DHS putting huge number of American lives and health at additional risk; the 2020 ban has DHS putting huge number of American lives and health at additional risk.

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Unless you're a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder, I don't think they're going to let you on that plane.
American citizens residing abroad (in whole or in part) with foreign citizen spouses and/or foreign citizen dependent children were amongst those rushing back to the us because of this ban. They are allowed in despite not being US nationals and not being green card holders.

An American married to a Dane who resides in Denmark has been asking me about skiing in the US this month because they can’t go skiing anywhere great in the EU except maybe in Sweden where they have been enough as they see it. They can still fly to the US and get to Vail and Park City for skiing and will probably do it because the schools and universities are shut down in Denmark and they don’t want to miss a good ski trip when they have nothing better to do. The Danish husband has no visa or green card for the US and only one of the children is a US dual-citizen.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 22, 2020 at 10:09 am Reason: merge