FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Qantas waive change fees for existing bookings? (WHO Pandemic Declaration)
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:23 pm
Ellie_CA

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I have tickets from NZ to SYD on Qantas, via MEL... now that NZ has a full stop travel ban (essentially by requiring everyone arriving to the country and ENTERING the country to self quarantine for 14 days) I wonder if I can get a full refund. I mean, my flight isn't for two weeks and we're not going anyway, but I really want a refund and not a credit.
We are in the similar boat but flying on April 11. Qantas doesn't offer anything for our date yet.
The current rules are horrible
As a result of travel restrictions announced by the New Zealand Government, if you’re holding a Qantas ticket for flights to or from New Zealand before 31 March 2020 and no longer wish to travel, you can cancel your flight and retain the value of the ticket in credit.

To be used for travel within 12 months of the date that the original ticket was issued. We will waive the change fee once you’re ready to rebook.
We bought out J class non-refundable cash tickets last October. There is no way we can go on vacation before October 2020 (vacations have to be booked 9-12 months in advance for us). 3 x J class tickets going to the garbage is very difficult to swallow.