FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reap What You Sow
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:45 pm
vincentharris
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by iowaaggie
Am I the only one that is wondering if Delta is regretting cutting their elite member benefits, making it harder to reach status, cutting how many miles members earn, while increasing the award charts? As elites and their money departed for greener pastures over the last few years, (me to Alaska and others became "free agents") Delta can not depend on enough elites to save the day. Sure, when times are good elites are redundant and costly. During times like these, we are worth our weight in gold. Delta and other legacy carriers will be fighting each other for customers using low fares (decreasing margins) instead of depending on elite member loyalty (elites like me fly the same airline regardless of price).

I am giddy with anticipation of Delta's downfall. Airlines that actually like their "elites" can pick up the pieces, pennies on the dollar. Alaska has a benefit that no other airline has; it has the state of Alaska locked up. Most of the state depends on air carriers (everything and everyone has to be flown in) and Alaska is the only game in town in every small town and village, except the largest cities. Even in those large cities, Alaska is the preferred carrier of the people because they value their members. Alaska can survive and actually thrive in this market. No matter the economy, people need to eat and have supplies. I just hope there is no bailout. Delta can reap what it sowed.

Is this mean spirited? Yep. Delta deserves what it earned. In the good times, us elites were a luxury you did not think you needed.
I assure you DL has more then enough elites. My upgrade percentage numbers as a DM show that.