FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 and BA flight cancellations & rebooking: info & advice thread [*noise-free*]
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:11 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kingcole974
We would like to still do this trip and I understand the rules of the voucher, but I can’t get the same booked on any other dates without a £1500 additional cost. If BA decide (or forced) to cancel our flights before we go, do I just get the cash or can I choose any other date with availability, thus avoiding paying the higher price?
If BA cancel a flight AND the replacement service is more than 12 hours different then you get a full cash refund of everything. That is in the general terms and conditions - it may be that you can argue that (e.g.) an 8 hour change is actually a Significant Change as per the Regulation, assuming you are on an Inclusive Package. Now there are shades of grey here and a lot of moving parts, so we better get nearer to departure. But one way to see it is that £1500 is the worst case scenario, I hope travel insurance may pick that up. It may be better than that depending on exactly what happens next.