FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Pricing (ridiculous)
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:23 am
FAA1996

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by redtop43
I am flying - well, booked anyway - PHL-LAS-PHL, Flight 1837 on 4/12 and Flight 832 on 4/17. I'm not sure what I paid, around $400-500, normalish fare at the time I booked it. I think I got a small discount through American Express.

When I look at the trip I get a message that says "Move to First for $944."

However, if I go to book the trip brand new, the first class fare is - $959.

Wow, what a deal!

F fare would have been about $1175 a month ago.

While I'm on the subject - with the current waiver, if I've booked a trip and the price has come down, can I cancel and rebook at the lower fare and still have the residual available? The no-fee change is a one-time offer, right? I have a later trip that I could rebook for $200 less than I paid, but it's for a business meeting and I'll want to wait and make sure we don't change it. The meeting has to take place, the time can't really change, but it's conceivable (although cumbersome) to have the group work remotely.
li upgrade my fares every month. Lately, the website and app always offer me the upgrade but apparently it is a flexible fare, sometimes the offer is just for one way of the trip so it's actually closer to twice what is tells you when you try to go through with the offer. When I call I always get discounted fares that are always much less than the offer. Call in and see what they offer if you are interested, ask for the lowest F/J option.