FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Extend Status / Low Req’s / Challenges / Promos 4 Coronavirus?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:03 pm
deac83

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
After 911, AA extended status, but remember that happened in September so it was pretty clear who was on track. The could do something similar as travel returns, say June, and see who kept flying.

Personally I was at 85k miles that year but was Platinum, they would not bump me up. I was basically on the some of the first flights back home and then back out, but they gave me no credit for continuing to fly the rest of the year.

Since I was not EXP, I don't remember the details but the reason I asked them to bump me up was because they were rolling people over with less miles than I had that year.

I will also say that I work for a Big 4 and we we are essentially cutting off all travel until 4/30 ( you can assume the rest are doing the same). If the Big 4 are not traveling then practically no one is travelling on business. My client has also prohibited all external visitors until mid-April.

Business travel is going to 10% or below for the next 6 weeks imo.