FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA accounts restricted (Nov/Dec 2019)
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:10 pm
flightmedic

Any suggestions

Originally Posted by flightmedic
Wife and I both have accounts locked. Email to my wife shut down her account and a separate email identified a booked award flight that would be cancelled. 2 days later I received the same shut down email but I also have an award flight booked and I did not receive an email informing me that it was cancelled. I can’t log into my account as it is “gone”. When I go onto AA.com and enter the AA record locator the award tickets are still there and listed as ticketed.

Figured the award flight was gone and I made a new booking, same flights, but revenue on an AA partner. Booked directly with the partner as I don’t want to enrich AA if at all possible. The AA partner called me today as they see I have two reservations with the same itinerary. I told them I received a confusing email from AA that my award flight was cancelled. They told me the award flight is good, they have ticket numbers, and they gave me their record locator. The award flight (2 tickets) are $5k each if I had to buy them in business. The revenue tickets I bought in economy were cheap at $800 each. I now have to cancel one of these reservations.

Which would you cancel? I would hate to cancel the revenue tickets and find out closer to my travel date (June) that the award tickets are gone as getting last minute tickets will probably be very pricey. On the other hand I would hate to sit in economy for the 9,hour flight if I could still manage the business seats.