FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:47 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Can anyone offer clarification to the MoPH statement 'For travelers from ongoing local transmission areas' (https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumoni...index_more.php). The statement is:

For travelers from ongoing local transmission areas, recommended to implement control for observation (meaning supervision without quarantine with permission to transit upon the condition that they follow the stipulations under the law) in order to ensure self-monitoring for no less than 14 days until the end of the infectious period or the reason for suspicion. They may obtain permission to go to certain places where deemed necessary and a surveillance officer will closely monitor symptoms.

I'm from the UK and booked to fly to BKK via AMS in three weeks. KL will not refund me since the flight has not been cancelled so I am hoping that I can get refunds for my hotel reservations and get a KLM rebooking voucher, but if I cannot get hotel refunds then I guess I'll take the trip. I'll be in Thailand for 9 days (arrive Day 1, Days 2-8, depart Day 9). I was initially going to have Day 2-7 in Chiang Mai and the other days in Bangkok. I've omitted Chiang Mai from my plan due to the very bad air quality, so I'll stay in Bangkok for the entire trip. Since I am there for less than 14 days. How does the self-monitoring work? Do I have to report to the MoPH etc.? The statement is not clear to me.