FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Country Inns Within 4 Hours Drive of NYC?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:28 pm
Lovethecabin

We did a three night stay at Inn at Perry Cabin last May (off season) for a quick getaway. We were upgraded and had a large suite with a sitting area on the first level with the bedroom and bathroom on the second floor. There was a small balcony with a table for two overlooking the river.

The room was very nice, my only slightly negative comment is the stairs to the second level were rather steep. Older guests might not like the climb.

we were there in the off season so it felt a bit lonely/empty but the weather was fantastic and we enjoyed the outdoor areas during the day and at night.

they employee young, foreign workers. They are very enthusiastic and eager to please but the language barrier created service challenges. As the daughter of an immigrant, I am very tolerant but it did test my patience at this price point. Several times I asked for the manager to get simple requests granted.

some elements we loved -

walking the beautiful gardens and talking to the gardeners
sailing on one of the resorts gorgeous Hinkleys, it was a highlight of the trip
car service into the town, the young men driving were very professional
watching the birds and waterfowl from our balcony

we did enjoy our stay and would go back again because we are sort of close (three hours) but it’s wasn’t the luxury experience this forum would expect.