FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:47 am
sfo3388

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by busyizzy
Hi not related to the recent Trump-Europe announcement, but I canceled a flight for March. I want to use the credit to book a new flight, but when I try to do it on the United website, it charges the change fee. Do I have to call in to use the credit from my canceled flight? Anyone tried booking flights with their canceled/changed flight credit? With the wait times of over 90 mins that I checked right now, I'd rather not, but if that's the only way to avoid the change fee.... thanks!
Originally Posted by televisor
Slightly risky, but you could pay the change fee and then ask for it to be refunded via email/refund form.
I was on the same boat. Had a reservation booked in January for travelling on March 14th. When I saw the fee waiver applied to reservations made prior to March 2nd, I did dummy changes on United.com and saw no change fee. Felt good. Then decided to cancel the reservation first. Twenty minutes later, I tried to do dummy bookings by retrieving the cancelled reservation then saw $200 change fee at the end. Panic. Quickly I got new travel dates and called United. Yes, the agent removed the $200 fee. That was Wednesday. Perhaps United.com web support can fix this problem in order not to burden the agents.

Last edited by sfo3388; Mar 12, 2020 at 11:11 am