FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone else worried about this?
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:51 pm
Caledonians

Originally Posted by Timothy Hillier
Yes I'm also worried about what would happen if Qantas collapsed.

But - rather than being personally worried losing some freebie points I was going to use for a holiday - I'm more worried about the economic impact to Australia and the thousands of people who would have lost their jobs and livelihoods.

I couldn't believe seeing people on the TV news whining (in the immediate wake of 9/11 no less) about losing their points when Ansett collapsed - it seems people haven't changed much. First it's people fighting over stockpiling toilet paper - now people are worried about their airline points.
One does not rule out the other. Of course I am concerned about this iconic Australian company and it's employees. Plus the knock on effect from supply chains, contractors etc. It's ok to be thinking about both!

For us personally, we had been saving the points for quite a while. We're on very low income and were trying to save points to visit my partner's parent who is struggling with cancer. We had hoped to make the journey next year, we won't be able to afford flights for all three of us.