FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Smoking in Terminal C, EWR?
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2004, 7:08 pm
agflyer

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Dovster
I will be getting off of a 12 hour flight from TLV and have two hours before getting on a 3 hour flight to FLL. If I can smoke in a bar, that will be wonderful -- otherwise I will run outside which might not be a lot of fun seeing as I will be dressed for TLV and FLL, not for Newark in November.
It's been many years since I last saw anyone smoking inside EWR, even in the bars (and as a smoker myself, I've looked!). Since you have to exit the secure area anyhow after clearing customs, you may as well duck outside for a smoke between flights. I don't think you'll have a chance after you clear EWR security on your way to FLL.

My recommendation is to go to the security checkpoint closest to terminal B. To the right of the checkpoint is an exit to a terrace that is somewhat protected from the elements and offers a place to sit, a nice view of the action on the tarmac and the runways, and none of the hubub of the loading/unloading of pax you'd get if you went outside the check-in or baggage claim levels.