FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2020-21)
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:54 pm
thealphalum1

Programs: Alaska, Hilton
I purchased a round trip ticket from SFO to LAS on 3/28 using my CSR. A few days later I purchased an economy plus seat using my Aspire card planning to use the airline credit. It triggered the credit a few days later.

Last night I was looking at the flights and noticed the prices dropped by over half. After seeing something saying no change fees because of the coronavirus I canceled the flights and rebooked using the credited fare.... unfortunately when trying to rebook using the credited fare it would only give me options for $200 each way for economy or first class, so I upgraded to first both ways. When checking out I was given and electronic travel certificate for the remaining balance and charged a change fee of $200 which I charged to my Aspire card.

This morning I called in asking to have the economy plus seat refunded since I changed my flight. They refunded back to my CSR, not my Aspire card. I also asked about having the change fee waived which they did. Here's the kicker, the agent was going to refund it to my CSR instead of my Aspire card. I chose to have it refunded to my Aspire though so I could use the credit for future flights planned.