FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Delta review status level requirements for 2021
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:05 am
kop84

Originally Posted by FBplatinum
The more simple and easy to "manage" the situation is for Delta to make an "adjustment" to the status requirement for this year.
Example: if the situation stand for 2 months (we have already done one month), they can reduce the requirement for all levels by 20%. It is fair for customer and Delta.
This will solve very easily the calculation. Keep your actual customers & attract new one.
I think airlines wait the end of the situation before making an announcement.
Not to be pedantic, but your calculation is a bit off. There are 12 months...so if it the situation goes on for 2 months it would be a 16.667% reduction in the year. I'd see DL rounding it to 15% if they did anything.

DL will be able to see the requalification numbers as it gets a bit latter in the year. If things are to their liking they won't do anything on a broad basis and will likely have some targeted promotions to heavy China fliers especially. If things are NOT to their liking, I would bet you're going to be closer to correct and they reduce the mileage requirements for at least DM if not FO and GM and PM.

But I'd still say the likeliest scenario is a reduced cost buy up your status at the end of the year.