FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2020] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:14 am
mpeterson78

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ericande
I just asked Peter in the dive center. He said the 'orientation dive' is free and is in the lagoon. He said at first it was for everyone but since I dove just a couple months ago I did not need to do it. The 'refresh PADI course' was $95++ I believe.
I also talked to Peter and Andy this morning to clarify. The orientation dive in the lagoon is indeed free, the orientation dive off a boat is 90++ and the PADI Scuba Tune Up is 140++ and includes a full dive. The PADI Scuba Tune Up is NOT mandatory but is strongly recommended if you haven’t been diving in 6 months. Andy said there have been 6 deaths in the Maldives in the last year, mostly from people who were not experienced and didn’t have up to date skills. Considering a single dive is 120++, it’s basically an extra $20 to get a refresher course and have a guide come with you on the dive. Seemed worth it as we haven’t dived for 9 months, so we signed up for that.

If you’ve been diving in the last 6 months and feel confident in your skills, the free lagoon orientation dive would be all you need.