FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:15 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Dan1113
What do we think the chances are of these insane requirements being expanded to other European countries with outbreaks? Switzerland, all the Nordics, Belgium, NL, France, Germany, Spain, UK. Their numbers will all be very high, very soon. If they expand it, they will effectively kill off all European travel which seems like a total disaster. I really hope it doesn't happen -- have a trip in 3.5 weeks' time from the UK and have spent so much money on it, and unless the FCO advises against going, I can't claim it on my insurance if they don't let me in.
Originally Posted by skiaplg
Yup - am in the same situation in 2.5 weeks' time and I don't think it will be possible to get this sort of certificate here in the UK! The requirements changing every day are very difficult to manage. It's especially frustrating given the WHO advise says that restricting travel is usually ineffective.
I, too, am flying from the UK to Thailand in about three weeks via AMS. The KLM website directs information from IATA Travel Centre for country statues https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm.

Hopefully, the European countries (excluding Italy) can stay off the immigration restriction list.