FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who has dibs on under seat storage in First ?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:05 pm
Ford Fairlane

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
I don't know if it's the same configuration on all planes, but earlier today on a Boeing 737-990(ER), the aisle seat definitely had more space to start with. (Aside: Once I realized that aisle seats in the economy cabin typically have *narrower* foot space, I've started booking windows again when back there. Makes a helluva difference for those of us 6'4" and up, and no more bruised knees from beverage carts).

My knee-jerk reaction would be to say Window gets it. Follow-on non-lizard brain thought would be that A&C or D&F can politely discuss it. But after my flight today, I'll say, "It depends."

I was in F and am on the taller-than-need-be-if-not-in-the-NBA side, as I mentioned. D was nowhere near as tall and put her extra item in that in-between space while we were still settling in.

I was a little irked at first, but then we ended up in a nice conversation, and ("How d'ya like them apples?"), she gave me her digits during final descent.

I am not a "Playah" sort and that never happens to me. I didn't even ask. And this was my first FC upgrade after hitting MVP for the first time ever three days ago. So I gotta say, I'm loving Elite status so far!

But enough about me and back on topic: For you, OP, as I gather you weren't hoping for mean guy's contact info, I think you should have had first dibs if your stuffs didn't occupy the *entire* space, or Plan B, it could have been worked out through a discussion.*

* I realize not all our fellow humans, aka DYKWIAs and .........s, are reasonable. But I start with expecting discussions between reasonable adults then adjust from there if need be.

[Edited just to say that I find it funny that d-o-u-c-h-e-b-a-g-s is worthy of being censored. Apologies for my apparent potty mouth.]

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Mar 9, 2020 at 7:16 pm