FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:02 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timfountain
I don't understand the SDC WRT paid premium seat. I am just MVP so I pay for premium out of my own pocket.... Tomorrow I am on an early fight tomorrow PDX-SAN, which is packed. I paid for a premium seat a month ago. I wanted to change to a later flight, so I called them as I could not change the flight and select a premium seat, only regular economy. Was told that in addition to the change fee ($50, which I was prepared to spend) I would also loose the premium seat payment and would need to buy it again, even though there was plenty of availability of premium seats on the later AS572 flight, at least when I looked at 0800 today. I don't get why AS would do this, and as a result I am still on my original flight, which being the first of the day will go out oversold. Maybe I am missing something in the business model here?
This should not be an issue for an MVP.

If you are MVP you can select a premium seat for free when your upgrade window opens (48hr before your flight). I don't believe it's possible to SDC to a flight more than 48hr before it departs, so as soon as you SDC you can just select a premium seat for free, assuming one is available.

For someone without status, it would be an issue.

Did the agent you spoke to know you were MVP?