FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:54 am
sbams

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I'm planning a trip to London this summer, and it'll be my first time in the UK (or Europe actually). Have Hilton Diamond status and a ton of points, I guess what would be your recommendation for a first-timer across the pond? The irony of me being in the UK on the 4th of July isn't lost on me haha.
If money(points) is no objection then you will be best looking at something as central as possible, to minimise your travelling. And my other tip would be to try to use busses more than the underground so that when you are going from A to B you actually get a little sightseeing tour on the way. The underground is very efficient but living like a mole and surfacing just where you want to be means you miss so much along the way.

Personally I tend to use Kensington Olympia but that is primarily because I enjoy the area and the price is usually less than many other options. It's not as central as you may want to be as a first time visitor. Explore google maps as much as you can to get an idea of where you want to go and therefore where you would best be staying.

And I (British) will be in Oregon on the 4th July