FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Koh Samui {THA}
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:35 pm
princesakura

Originally Posted by David Pritchard
Hi all,

going to be going mid April, and was just wondering what is the best option for transport/taxis from hotel? Relatively new driver and not confident at all in Koh samui, so renting car is out. That and I’d want to have a few drinks.

been glancing over this page for months, very informative!
I had thought about renting a car at the airport to get to Conrad at the opposite corner of the island, but I am so good I did not. First of all, one has to contend with scooters, and new drivers may not be confident knowing when to pass them safely, how much room to give them, and anticipating their behavior. Second, the last two to three kilometers to the Conrad arrival is basically a road under construction, with many unpaved sections and places where it is one car wide. I would rather not put myself through that twice, every time I wanted to go out.

So if you're not going to drive, you should download NaviGo and Grab apps, create a profile, and save a credit card. I think Grab drivers may not come to the airport; the one I tried to hail in the app said that he can't go there because of, his words, the "mafia". But otherwise NaviGo and Grab are easy to use, though pickup times may be longer around the Conrad due to the remoteness. I used the hotel Toyota SUV to get to the airport for departure and thought it was a good deal at 1500 THB considering the comfort and the lack of worry and figuring out on my own during check out. Otherwise, you can use those two apps or book with an third party like the ones mentioned in this thread.