FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cheltenham {GBR}
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:20 pm
bon mot

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
My adult daughter and I stayed here for two nights last month, and our overall the experience was positive. We needed parking and a moderately priced room in the Cotswold area and this property checked those boxes. We received an upgrade to a large twin deluxe with a garden view on the 400s corridor. I didn’t realize that the hotel didn’t have an elevator – not a deal breaker for me even though I am nursing a leg injury, but my daughter has mobility limitations and this was challenging for her (entirely my fault for assuming it had one). The front desk confirmed that there was 24 hr access to/from the parking lot from our wing but that was not the case, something to think about when parking in the overflow lot during stormy weather. Our bathroom was clean and spacious and the large windows in the room opened wide enough to freshen the indoor air well. Late evening room service was a fail, as restaurant staff claimed there was little more than pizza to order and had no interest in clarifying our other options over the phone. We received drink vouchers, but the bar was brightly lit and full of children. Pass.