FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Got/Didn't Get MVP/Gold/75K Upgrade on AS (2020)
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:47 pm
Bellerina

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
3/7
AS1994
Sister is on the second leg of her BOS-SEA-SJC flight on her way to SJC. I used one of my GGUs to upgrade her BOS-SEA flight and kept checking but no U space became available
L class ticket. Bought 2 weeks ago.
She’s MVP (thanks to a recent status match).

She is currently en route about to descend and I went into the app to check where she ended up on the upgrades as she was #3 and there appeared to be 2 F seats available. low and behold, the app is showing her as upgraded to 4C! She says she can see that 4C is open in first class.

I understand she might have been upgraded after boarding. She might have fallen asleep right after boarding. My question is why nobody thought to either a)wake her to move her or b)mover her up once she was awake? She was awake once they got to WiFi height because she’s been texting me a lot. Has this happened to others? Should she write to Alaska Listens?

Sorry if I should have posted on a new thread. But it also had the upgrade info data.

(Edited to add) Moderator Note: We'll leave it here, but no further discussion in this thread. OP can "Alert a Moderator" if s/he wants it moved to its own thread.

dayone, AS Moderator.

Last edited by dayone; Mar 7, 2020 at 9:29 pm Reason: Add Mod Note.