FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crazy Phone Bill After Travelling
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:02 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by yandosan
I did an "information subpoena" years ago for information relevant to a Small Claims suit. It seemed pretty straightforward.
In response to the second question, it was a landline so there should be evidence of a phone call to me and the call's duration, I would think.
I didn't get an itemized bill. I always paid by phone a small monthly fee and never had much motivation to see the itemized bill until now; they CS guy found the 18 hour call
and read off the details to me. Lower-tier people at the company want to help me it seems, but higher-ups are unexpectedly denying the credit after it gets recommended.
When I asked why I was paying for a call made to me they went off on some tangent about it being a "collect call"--a term I have not heard in years,
You left that part out of your earlier post.

You will first have to file a small claims action in a court which permits discovery (and does not require you to pay the other side's cost for document production). But, your assertion that you could simply issue an "information subpoena" without a pending case makes no sense.

In any event, as LondonElite points out, the charge is for the connection, not whether you spoke. I would be working on negotiating this out rather than filing a lawsuit, pursuing discovery and learning what you (and Verizon) likely already know.