FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you been to an impacted country/are you booked to go to one?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:40 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelina
Spain currently has ZERO entry restrictions for anyone arriving from Italy, China or any of the other Corona hot spots. They currently are near the levels seen in Japan however, Japan has chosen to be much more proactive.
Yep, a pro-active decision to not look for or test for cases is very effective. Also means you can support all the decisions you make based on the data you select which support those decisions.
Until now, most of the figures in Spain come from known routes of infection. This will no doubt change shortly, but this is NOT what is happening in Japan. As of yesterday 93% of Spanish cases are from (or directly linked) to people abroad/visitors from abroad or people linked directly to them. The Japanese have no idea where the path in a lot of their cases originated from, suggesting more community transmission than has been recorded.

I am trying my best to keep a running summary to help other potential visitors to Spain understand the risks and make informed decisions. You can find that running summary here (I’ll be kicking off today’s soon, news has just come in about a women’s prison/kindergarten in Aranjuez)
Covid-19 Spain

Last edited by LapLap; Mar 7, 2020 at 3:06 am Reason: Rates to routes