FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you been to an impacted country/are you booked to go to one?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:18 am
transportprof

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Someone who's been active on FT had eye surgery in Singapore five or ten years ago. He was pleased with the treatment and quality of the medical care, but I was somewhat horrified that the hospital refused to care for him until he furnished proof of payment even though delaying the surgery could have resulted in loss of his eyesight.
Mrs. Transportprof once spent 4 nights in Mount Elizabeth Hospital Novena branch, which is where I think that Mugabe died. She was admitted there 8 years ago, and the total bill came to $8,000 SGD. The private room she was assigned was nicer than the hotel we were staying in, and the care she received was outstanding and led to a complete and total recovery. Yes, they took a swipe of my Visa card at admission, but I am pretty sure that they did not pre-authorize $8,000 on it. And if there would have been a need to settle the bill with other financial resources, I am sure that it would have been possible.

Our travel health insurance covered the costs at 100%, and Mount Elizabeth's billing was so impeccably accurate and complete that the amount was reimbursed before the VISA bill came due!