FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2020 edition
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:55 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by vanilarice89
Hey guys, similar issue to an earlier post in this thread. I'm trying to book YYZ-AUA (via MIA), however I'm receiving the error: ”Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time. Please contact your local British Airways office.”

I've checked AA.com / Expert Flyer for the individual segments and they show up with MileSAAver Award availability, but the entire journey shows zero seats on EF. I've tried calling in and the rep says there's nothing available? I'd like to avoid booking two separate tickets.

Here's the flight details:
September 8th

AA 2589
AA1028

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
It looks like there is AA reward availability for those flights as a Web Special (not bookable using avios) and at 27,500 miles (this is not a milesaaver reward level -- it is AAnytime Level 1). There appear to be other flights that should be available at the milesaaver level including a couple of other same day connections (best appears to be 2676 and 2217). In any event, since AA introduced variable pricing there have been lots of problems finding and booking AA flights with avios.