FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crazy Phone Bill After Travelling
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:55 am
yandosan

Crazy Phone Bill After Travelling

Went to Europe for a few weeks. One night got a call from the States and I asked "How did you get through?" since
I thought I was blocked overseas. I spoke to this relative about 45 minutes and then hung up. The next day I came home from supper and it said on the phone an 18 hour connection was still running....and I promptly hung up. Arrgghh.
I called V**** and they said this happens sometimes and that the $2500 bill which was pending would quietly disappear.
(They said they would change the payment so that I paid 10 dollars a day on the minority of days where I used the phone, about 1/10 the price of $2500.)
A month later the enormous bill was still pending and I called the company and again they said not to worry and that the bill would go away.
A month later my account was suspended and they wanted the big bill. Several people involved with payment there told me not to worry and that they could fix things but several days later the account was still blocked. It happened a third time yesterday
and the explanation was the attempt to give me credit was "denied." I asked why and they said it was confidential.
So anyway, on Monday I have to do rotations in a hospital and this block is going to affect me, patients, physicians, etc
and I don't have any faith that the company can clip its own wings and remove the block, despite countless promises. What should I do?

Last edited by yandosan; Mar 7, 2020 at 11:13 am