FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vistara Dreamliner B789 Business Class experience
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:37 pm
Flyfromscratch
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
It’s going to take an absurd amount of flying on UK to get you any meaningful J redemption through UA MP. So I would avoid UA unless I had a solid secondary source to earn miles - like flying a huge number of miles on *A, UA Mileageplus CC, Marriott points etc.

Also, read up on the UA’s new redemption system. Ever since they went into a variable rewards rates system, flights especially within and to/from the US I have seen have been much more expensive. I’m not sure how they’ve tackled the ROW. Redemption with them would still be competitive in many cases but it’s no longer as awesome as it was a few months ago.
That is true.. redemption with them doesn't hold the same value as before.. i have a good source of Marriott points to supplement any UA needs.. i am also planning to get one of the Chase credit cards to make some points there.. my issue is, my current miles with Vistara aren't of much use to me.. they still have limited places they fly to from CCU.. and with the card earning, i dont need more.. so im kinda of out of options on where I can credit those miles..